The concept of Digital Nomads in Greek law was first used in 2021. Digital nomads are individual entrepreneurs or hired professionals who provide their services remotely. Clients or employers collaborate with digital nomads remotely using available communications and technologies.
What is a Digital Nomad Visa? Who can get it? What is a digital visa?
Draft law 4825/2021 allows foreign specialists or individual entrepreneurs to obtain a national visa, therefore apply later for a residence permit in Greece. A Greek digital visa is a document that allows you to live in the country and use its services. But at the same time, you will not be able to work in this country and provide your services here.
How to get a digital nomad visa?
To obtain this type of visa the applicants need the following documents:
- Type D visa issued by your place of residence, or type C visa (subject to the purchase of real estate or with a rental agreement).
- Certificate stating that the applicant has no criminal record. It should be apostilled.
- A statement that you will not provide your services to employers or clients in Greece.
- Birth certificate of the applicant, as well as other family members. It should be apostilled.
- Marriage certificate with Apostille (for those who are married).
- An employment contract with an employer who is registered and works in another country.
- If the applicant is an individual entrepreneur, then he needs an extract/certificate of IP. You also need to indicate the legal address, type of activity, description of responsibilities there, etc.
- 4 photographs 3×4 in digital resolution.
- Photocopy of all pages of the passport.
- A copy of the contract for the rental of housing in the country, or a copy of the contract for the sale of real estate in Greece.
Requirement for the applicant:
Monthly income. It should be from 3500 euros. Also, + 20% for a spouse, + 15% for each child is added to this amount. Family members are children who are not married, adopted or relatives, minors.
- Income can be confirmed by a certificate from the bank, a statement of the availability of funds in the account.
- In addition to the above documents, you must provide a statement that the applicant will work remotely and not going to provide their services to customers in the country.
- To obtain a visa, you need to pay a state fee of 1000 euros, plus 150 euros for each family member.
Digital Visa in Greece is issued for 2 years. But at the same time, it is not allowed to be absent from the country for more than 6 months a year.
Vip Greece Property helps with the paperwork for obtaining a Digital Nomad visa. For the period of paperwork, you will be able to fly to Greece and live in our apartments or in a comfortable house on the Evia island.
Оформить диджитал визу Греции
Цифровиками считаются лица, предоставляющие свои услуги работодателям и клиентам, находящимся вне Греции, на удаленке, используя технологии и коммуникации.